We are pleased to announce the finalists for the 2019 New Play Festival competition. After an outstanding number of entries and thorough consideration for each, we have narrowed it down to the following (in no particular order):
- Michael Ward from Tyler, TX – “Voices of Bondage”
- Judy Klass from Nashville, TN – “Kimberly in Overdrive”
- Trisha Wise from Tyler, TX – “Man in the Mirror”
- Ray Deal from Chandler, TX – “Life in 3G”
- Lila Katz from Tyler, TX – “A Mind of My Own”
Finalists’ plays will be read in front of a live audience July 13th from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
All are encouraged to attend and vote on their favorite, the People’s Choice!
The play with the most votes will perform August 29-September 1, 2019 in the Rogers Theatre at TCTC.
Tickets for Readers’ Theatre are $5 per adult and $3 each for students and seniors.
New Play Festival participants get in free.
Want to read for one or more of these plays? Contact email@example.com for more information.
The show has “all different kinds of love," [Allison] McGee (lead, Donna Sheridan) said. "It’s got romantic love, family love, friendship love, love of community and at the same time you’ve got this constant disco fun funky feel to it.”