4 men, 7 women
THE STORY: A church Christmas program spins hilariously out of control in this Southern farce about squabbling sisters, family secrets, a surly Santa, a vengeful sheep and a reluctant Elvis impersonator.
It's Christmas-time in the small town of Fayro, Texas, and the Futrelle Sisters—Frankie, Twink and Honey Raye—are not exactly in a festive mood. A cranky Frankie is weeks overdue with her second set of twins. Twink, recently jilted and bitter about it, is in jail for inadvertently burning down half the town. And hot-flash-suffering Honey Raye is desperately trying to keep the Tabernacle of the Lamb's Christmas Program from spiraling into chaos. But things are not looking too promising: Miss Geneva, the ousted director of the previous twenty-seven productions, is ruthless in her attempts to take over the show. The celebrity guest Santa Claus—played by Frankie's long-suffering husband, Dub—is passing a kidney stone. One of the shepherds refuses to watch over his flock by night without pulling his little red wagon behind him. And the entire cast is dropping like flies due to food poisoning from the Band Boosters' Pancake Supper. And when Frankie lets slip a family secret that has been carefully guarded for decades, all hope for a successful Christmas program seems lost, even with an Elvis impersonator at the manger. But in true Futrelle fashion, the feuding sisters find a way to pull together in order to present a Christmas program the citizens of Fayro will never forget. Their hilarious holiday journey through a misadventure-filled Christmas Eve is guaranteed to bring joy to your world!
The following are the character descriptions:
* Geneva Musgrave, 50-60’s. Crusty owner of the town flower shop, also the local town gossip.
* Honey Raye Futrelle, 50ish. Oldest Futrelle sister, sexy, vivacious go-getter.
* Gina Jo (G.J.) Dubberly, Frankie and Dub’s daughter, 20’s. Guileless and enthusiastic, she is your typical Daisy Duke sort of girl.
* John Curtis Buntner, 35-55. Deputy sheriff, loves the ladies just as much as he loves his donuts and coffee.
* Twink Futrelle, middle Futrelle sister, 40’s. The “black sheep,” loud and the toughest of the sisters.
* Dub Dubberly, Frankie’s husband, 40’s. Life revolves around NASCAR, hunting, and drinking beer — and playing Santa.
* Frankie Futrelle Dubberly, youngest Futrelle sister, 40’s. Pregnant with her 2nd set of twins, the most normal of the sisters and full of wit.
* Rhonda Lynn Lampley, 50’s. Flashy manager of The Dairy Dog, a cross between Martha Stewart and Paula Dean.
* Justin Waverly, 20’s. Interim Pastor at the Tabernacle of the Lamb, very sweet and innocent.
* Raynerd Chisum, adult male. Part-time employee at The Dairy Dog, very simple and earnest, always speaks from the heart.
* Patsy Price, 40-60. Elegant society matron, high-class and never wrong.
For more information about auditions please check out our Frequently Asked Questions.